U.S. News: Emory University Hospital ranks No. 1 in Georgia for sixth year
Metro Atlanta-based Emory University Hospital ranked No. 1 in Georgia for the sixth year in a row, according to U.S. News and World Report.
In its 2017-2018 Best Hospitals Guide, the publication ranked Emory Saint Joseph's No. 2 in Georgia. Others on the list include Northeast Georgia, WellStar Kennestone Hospital, Gwinnett Medical Center and Piedmont Atlanta Hospital.
Here's U.S. News' list of top Georgia hospitals:
1. Emory University Hospital
2. Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital
3. Navicent Health Medical Center in Macon, Ga. (tie)
3. Northeast Georgia Medical Center in Gainesville, Ga. (tie)
3. University Hospital in Augusta, Ga. (tie)
3. WellStar Kennestone Hospital in Marietta, Ga. (tie)
7. Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville, Ga. (tie)
7. Memorial University Medical Center in Savannah, Ga. (tie)
7. St. Joseph's Hospital in Savannah (tie)
10. Piedmont Atlanta Hospital
11. Candler Hospital in Savannah (tie)
11. Emory University Hospital Midtown (tie)
13. Athens Regional Medical Center
Hospitals are assessed in 16 different specialties and recognized as "high-performing" in the categories in which they excel.
Emory University Hospital, located on Clifton Road, was ranked nationally or recognized as "high performing" in the following areas: cancer, cardiology and heart surgery, gastroenterology and GI surgery, geriatrics, nephrology, neurology and neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopaedics and urology.
Emory Saint Joseph’s Hospital ranked high performing in gastroenterology and GI Surgery.
Navicent Health Medical Center was recognized for its excellence in treating seven adult conditions, including abdominal aortic aneurysm repair and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
To read more about how Georgia's hospital rank, click here.