Why Georgia CORE?
Advancing Cancer Care through Partnerships and Innovation
Cancer is Georgia’s second-leading cause of death, yet many of its devastating effects are preventable or controllable – sometimes curable, and always more effectively treated when detected early. Clinical trials offer great promise for controlling cancer and its progression while navigation and survivorship services enhance quality of care for patients and quality of life for survivors.
This is why Georgia CORE was created.
A public-private partnership that connects providers, researchers, leaders, organizations, and advocates, Georgia CORE is led by a Board of Directors of experts from cancer centers, hospitals and educational and academic institutions. We build and nurture collaboration that increases access to innovative resources and research and personalized cancer care and support for patients, survivors, and caregivers. We are a unique statewide organization working with a vast array of groups – from local hospitals and community organizations to public health centers and the National Cancer Institute – leveraging public and private funding to provide greater impact and generate improved results.
Georgia CORE’s work has contributed to:
- Achieving Georgia's distinction as a national leader in cancer care and research
- Bringing promising new clinical and scientific discoveries within reach of all Georgians
- Ensuring that access to advances in care and support are more equitably accessed by minority, rural and underserved populations
- Improving quality of care for patients and quality of life for survivors
- Decreasing cancer mortality rates
There is no other program in the nation quite like Georgia CORE. We are all about teamwork, bringing together exceptionally accomplished individuals and organizations that share key values and are willing to invest the time and energy necessary to create statewide impact. Together we do a lot of good.
Last Updated: 4/21/2020 4:16:24 PM