Georgia CORE is seeking portraits of Georgia’s diverse group of Cancer Survivors for the GeorgiaCancerInfo.org website feature “Survivors’ Voices.” We have listed a few questions below to stimulate your thinking about sharing your personal experience.
We would greatly appreciate it if you can also provide a photograph. Please note that submission of your story includes your permission to have your story published on “Survivors’ Voices” and possibly featured in print (ex. Your newspaper) or online media (ex. Facebook). Profiles should be between 300 – 700 words.
The following out lines the type of information we are seeking and questions that would usually be asked in an in person interview:
- What type of cancer did you have?
- What year were you diagnosed?
- Is there a history of cancer in your family?
- What impact did the cancer diagnosis and treatment have on you, your family, and/or your job?
- What obstacles did you face in getting cancer treatment?
- What helped get you through the diagnosis and treatment process?
- What services were the most important to your recovery? (i.e., support groups, clinical trials, classes, patient navigation, medical/surgical care)
- What message would you give to people who are newly diagnosed with cancer?
- What lessons have you learned on your cancer journey?
- Where do you live in Georgia?
We thank you for taking a few moments to share your perspectives with others. Please also provide us with your contact information below in case we have any questions.